We’re Hiring: Restaurant Manager
Kruger Shalati – Internal & External Vacancy
Kruger Station Restaurant Manager
Remuneration: Negotiable DoE
Location: Skukuza, Kruger National Park
Job level: Mid/Snr
Company: Kruger Shalati
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB
The Kruger Station Restaurant Manager supports the Food and Beverage Management in supervising the Food and Beverage Restaurant team and general precinct team to achieve the strategic direction and annual plans for the business. The role implements and monitors the systems, environment and supporting departments to provide guests with outstanding Food and Beverage services that are of exceptional quality, nutrition, taste, food safety and responsiveness to individual needs.
The Kruger Station Restaurant Manager monitor the performance of Restaurant team members in the Restaurant, ensuring that the Restaurant team continuously develops and displays at all times the level of competence, professionalism, excellence, protocol and etiquette that is expected at a Luxury Restaurant.
- Implement and monitor policies, processes and standards to ensure effective high-quality Restaurant service is provided to guests
- Implement and monitor processes to understand the Restaurant needs and expectations of guests, and reports on these
- Implement and monitor processes that facilitate immediate response to Service requests received from guests
- Provide direction, oversight and guidance to the Restaurant and supporting teams
Implement and monitor the annual plan and activities for the Restaurant department
Assist the Human Resources function in attracting and selecting suitable employees for the Kruger Station precinct.
- Implement and monitor, department par-stock levels for utensils, chinaware, glassware, flatware, hollowware, cutlery, table linen and other items required for the operation of Kruger Station Restaurant and departments and report to your direct Manager
- Ensure Kruger Station Restaurant and supporting departments implement all relevant security and health and safety policies, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with local legislation
Implement and monitor implementation of an effective keys control system for areas relevant to the Kruger Station Restaurant and supporting departments, ensuring safety and security of residents, equipment and supplies
- Facilitate communication and collaboration of the Kruger Station Restaurant team
Support the Stewarding function to implement and monitor an effective pest control system for the Restaurant areas and monitor and report the effectiveness of the system
Customer Specific Responsibilities
- Ensure the Restaurant team provides impeccable, intuitive, personalised and proactive customer service to guests consistently
- Implement and report on team daily service and operational objectives
People Specific Responsibilities
- Effectively supervise the Kruger Station Restaurant service team by being a positive role model, providing a common vision and effective communication
- Ensure the development of a culture of service excellence and delivery among the Restaurant team so they take pride in what they do, take
- personal responsibility for their work, pay attention to detail, innovate, take initiative, and work competently and confidently as one team
- Take personal responsibility to develop the Restaurant team’s professional competence
- Ensure that all Restaurant team members have received and are receiving on-going training (Drills) in service and food safety
- Monitor team and individual performance indicators and targets for the Restaurant service team
- Ensure that the Kruger Station Restaurant policies, standards and rules are communicated and monitored in the Restaurant team
- Ensure that all Kruger Station Restaurant team members receive regular performance feedback and support their documented development plans
- Together with Human Resources or the Restaurant Management, conduct disciplinary discussions with underperforming team members where retraining and coaching have failed to bring about the desired results
- Promote and maintain compliance and awareness of health, safety and security issues in accordance with applicable legislation and best practice
Quality Specific Responsibilities
- Assist the Management team develop Kruger Station Restaurant policies, processes and standards, including those relating to food safety and ensure these are implemented across the organisation
- Ensure that standard sequences of service are implemented and monitored to ensure that team members consistently deliver of the highest quality of service
- Implement and monitor all quality related policies, processes and standards in the Kruger Station Restaurant
- Take where necessary immediate corrective actions to ensure compliance with all quality standards, especially service delivery and food safety practices and controls.
- Support the organisation wide administration of quality audits in the Kruger Station precinct.
Finance Specific Responsibilities
- Support the Management in developing guidelines for Kruger Station stock levels
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities to up-sell products and services
- Identify areas in which waste can be reduced, financial savings made and monitor service practices to achieve waste reduction targets
- Ensure that all Restaurant processes reflect a care for spaces, furniture and equipment
- Work effectively with the Stewarding and public area cleaning team to ensure the cleanliness of dining rooms, reception areas, lounges and other areas
- Implement and monitor processes to ensure that the Restaurant employees work in a manner that limits the risk of damage to buildings, furniture and equipment
Legal and Compliance Specific Responsibilities
- Implement the Kruger Station systems, processes and activities to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
Diploma in Hotel Management, Food and Beverage or other related fields
- Competent in the use of digital communication tools
- Competent in the use of Restaurant specific software: POS, Procurement, varied systems
- Experienced in overseeing and directing a team
- Experienced in motivating and guiding the Restaurant team members
- Competent in correctly ensuring policies, processes and standards are implemented and applied in the Restaurant team
- Ability to improve the Restaurant service effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to monitor and ensure compliance with health, safety, security and other legal requirements in Restaurant team
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications at intermediate level
- Three years of experience in a luxury Restaurant Manager role
- Demonstrated previous experience in a luxury hospitality environment.
- More than three years of experience in a similar role.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you are a Skukuza land claimant with the group name and group number.
Closing date: 14 July 2023
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Shalati reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries