A celebration of Africa
Experience the Kruger, suspended over the Sabie River
Offering 31 rooms, consisting of 24 Train Carriage Suites and 7 Bridge House Suites, all of which will provide a deeply visceral experience, tailored for immersive comfort. Whether you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind adventure, an enthralling break or to simply unwind while surrounded by earth’s finest creations, Kruger Shalati looks forward to welcoming you on a journey of discovery with nature in the most extraordinary way imaginable.
Unique, thought-provoking design is core to our offering, but the holistic experience is centred around our humanity, our cultural nuances, the people who crafted each element and, ultimately, the kindness with which we receive our guests.
EXPERIENCE THE KRUGER, SUSPENDED OVER THE SABIE RIVER.
Kruger Shalati offers two types of accommodation: 24 Carriage Suites located on the Train on the Bridge and 7 Bridge House Suites located adjacent to the bridge in a picturesque garden setting with the train’s gentle glow as your backdrop. All of our rooms provide immersive comfort from the most unique location in the Kruger National Park: the historic bridge, where the very first visitors to the Park had a pioneering stay within the carriages, following a night of feasting, performance and tales from times long-gone. Kruger Shalati offers opulent accommodation with an elevated perspective – a reminder of the 1920’s rail safari, with a contemporary interpretation reflective of the marvel of African design.
Our arrival lounge, reception and dining areas, along with two of our three swimming pools, are found adjacent to the Selati Bridge, overlooking the majestic Sabie River. The river flows all year-round, drawing animals and birds that come to quench their thirst on a daily basis.
Whether you opt for a Bridge House Suite or one of our first-of-its kind Carriage Suites on the Train on the Bridge, your experience as our valued guest is our utmost priority. We look forward to making your stay Insta worthy.
AFRICAN WARRIOR QUEEN
The train is names after Shalati, an African warrior queen.
The origins of Shalati’s rule go back to the nineteenth century. According to oral tradition, she was one of the first female warrior chiefs of the Tebula, a small clan within the Tsonga tribe that lived in the bush around the Murchison Range in what is now the Limpopo Province.
This warrior hosikati (queen) was no ordinary woman. While most queens wanted a brave king to come and save them, she would pick up a war axe when she needed to save her clan.
GATEWAY TO WONDEROUS Africa
Situated as a gateway to the Kruger National Park, adjacent to the Skukuza Camp, Kruger Shalati offers an express entryway to freedom, relaxation and meaningful connection. Our guests have convenient access to everything the park has to offer and a diverse range of other major attractions in the area.
At Shalati, you’ll enjoy first-of-its-kind luxury accommodation in a re-envisioned train stationed on the historically-rich Selati Bridge above the Sabie River in the Kruger National Park:
- 31 Luxury rooms, including two universal-access rooms, complemented by bespoke experiences
- Unique overhanging pool with a viewing deck on the bridge
- Kruger Shalati boutique gift store and a pool with a deck at the Bridge House
- African-inspired fare at the Bridge House restaurant (seating capacity: 66)
- Perfect positioning in the heart of Big 5 territory
- A myriad of wildlife and birds, easily spotted from your luxurious room and on game drives
- Rates inclusive of all meals, house-drinks and two game drives daily
- 0.4km away from Kruger Station lifestyle precinct
- 2km away from Stevenson-Hamilton Memorial Library
- 5.2km away from Skukuza Golf Course
- 4.9km away from Skukuza Airport
- 110km/2 hours away from Kruger Mpumalanga
- Accessible through the Paul Kruger & Pabena Gates
- 5-hour drive away from Johannesburg
- Complimentary airport transfers to/from Skukuza Airport